Sunday, March 21, 2010

La primavera linda



Happy Spring! I am currently sitting by my pool, enjoying the lovely Redding sunshine. I’m always amazed at how easy it is to transition from I-want-to-die-it’s-finals-week mode to I-don’t-have-a-care-in-the-world-because-I’m-at-home mode. In the back of my mind I keep on thinking that I MUST be neglecting some sort of homework assignment or studying… But I’m not. Ha ha!

So I went to Panera for the first time this last week and it was delicious (as was expected). While studying outside in the amazing LA sunshine, my friend Sarah and I noticed two elderly women chatting. These ladies hadn’t seen each other in FIFTY years. And they were so cute, just looking over scrapbooks, taking pictures on their disposable cameras, and gabbing about their grandchildren. It was such a sweet reminder of the beautiful relationships I have in my own life and how the Lord reveals Himself through those friendships.

My birthday weekend has been sooo nice-- seeing my best friend, lounging around the house, getting to drive my zippy little Jetta again (!), and spending time with the fam. I have a growing suspicion that spring break is going to fly by. Isn’t that how it always works?

I’ll leave you with a verse that has really spoken to me these last few days:
“For I know the plans that I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.
Isaiah 29:11-13


Thank the Lord it's all about Him!

-Pam

I've got a pretty smart niece :)

1 comment:

  1. Pam I just noticed that this blog is from 3/21. We need new blogs!

    ReplyDelete